Have you ever seen ads on Facebook from a business called “Flash Rewards” promising gift cards from popular brands and even cash rewards up to $1000? If your first instinct was, “this sounds too good to be true; it has to be a scam.” You’re not alone; offers like this tend to trigger a fight or flight response. However, it’s okay to let your guard down on this occasion because Flash Rewards is a legitimate business.
Today, we’ll dive deep into Flash Rewards – Who they are, how the program works, how to claim a reward, and more. And in the spirit of SomeGoodBuys, we’ll recommend some good places to spend your cash rewards!
For total transparency, we are affiliated with the Flash Rewards program. Think of us as first cousins who see each other on holidays and other major milestone events. You can trust us to be honest in reviewing the program’s pros, cons, and everything in between. Ultimately you get to choose if you want to participate or not.
What is “Flash Rewards”?
Flash Rewards is a site where visitors must complete tasks to earn rewards. It is not a giveaway program; you either meet the requirements for a reward or not. Completing tasks can take time so Flash Rewards gives you up to 60 days to complete them once you’ve finished your first task. You’ll also be able to see your progress when tasks are verified as completed. The program has paid out $12 million+ since 2016 to visitors who meet the requirements.
How Do They Make Money?
Flash Rewards never asks for your credit card information. Instead, the tasks/deals required to get a reward comes from brands you might be familiar with. When you complete their offer, these brand partners pay flash rewards, and they, in turn, put some of that money back into your wallet!
Who Can Earn a Reward?
To earn a reward, you must:
- Be a US resident and at least 18 years or older.
- Provide accurate and complete registration information.
- Complete the requisite number of deals based on the reward’s value – For Tier 1 rewards ($100 or less), you must complete four deals, or for Tier 2 rewards (more than $100), you must complete ten deals.
How Does It Work?
To get started, you’ll need to visit the Flash Rewards website, enter some basic information, and answer survey questions to continue towards your reward. You must use accurate information when you sign up, as it’ll have to get verified later when you claim your rewards.
You can choose to download and play free online games, try a new monthly subscription box, discover the best entertainment services, and much more.
Want to check your progress? Tap the blue icon to see which deals you’ve completed. Verifying and displaying your completed deals may take a few minutes, so please be patient!
Once you’ve completed the required number of deals, it’s time to claim your reward! Click the ‘Claim Reward’ button, and they will guide you through the claims process.
How to Claim Your Reward
To claim your reward, Flash Rewards must verify your identity first.
- When you complete the required # of deals, you must start the claim process within 30 days.
- Submit a claim, and you’ll get an email with further instructions about passing a KBA (knowledge-based authentication) form and verifying your ID. From this point, you’ll have 30 days to submit everything. Check your spam/junk folder if you don’t get this immediately.
- You’ll submit a copy of a valid, unexpired government-issued ID (like a driver’s license) and a selfie to verify your ID. This is done through a 3rd party vendor, Veratad, a world-class online/real-time Identity Verification provider.
- You may need to submit your emails of confirmation or screenshots of the game progress.
- Once everything is verified, you’ll get your reward within 7-10 business days. Depending on the reward type you initially started the process with, you’ll receive an e-gift card (sent via gift card vendor, Tremendous) or an ACH or PayPal transfer.
The Fine Print
To complete a deal, you must make a purchase or enter a paid subscription program for goods or services. Rewards are limited to 1 reward per household (persons living at the same address). You cannot begin earning another reward one year after completing the required deals for a Tier 1 Reward or two years after completing the required deals for a Tier 2 Reward.
Helpful Tips For Success
- Different rewards mean different levels of tasks. The number of tasks to be completed differs depending on the reward you’re aiming for.
- You’ll need to spend money to earn new money – while there are free trial options, you may need to make a purchase or sign up for a subscription to unlock certain levels of rewards.
- Regarding free trial sign-ups, it won’t count if you immediately cancel. So if you wish to cancel, make sure you set up reminders to cancel near the end of the trial.
- If spending money is unappealing to you, then DON’T participate in Flash Rewards.
- Have receipts! Be sure to save emails of confirmation as well as screenshots of game/app progress that indicate you’ve completed the requirements.
Put Your Reward to Good Use
Now that you understand the Flash rewards program and have claimed your cash reward, here are some good places to shop:
Goss is a high fashion brand rooted in sustainability with timeless and effortless pieces. Goss uses sustainable fabrics including TENCEL Modal, Silk Charmeuse, and Viscose that have been tested for harmful substances and are produced sustainably.
For each item sold, Goss will plant a tree in a place in need. They started the program in October 2020 with their efforts mainly concentrated on the west coast of British Colombia, CA, which has suffered due to recent wildfires.
Bellantoni is an independent, sustainable fashion label whose mission is to help people dress well while being kind to animals, people, and the planet. This brand was founded out of a need for versatile, stylish clothing made sustainably and ethically. Every piece is handmade in Vancouver by the designer, local seamstresses, or a local manufacturer. Bellantoni will plant one tree with TreeEra for every clothing item purchased so you can feel very good about your purchases.
Modernsunday started in August 2020 as a response to the massive amounts of single-use waste (mostly masks) that resulted from the pandemic. Armed with a background in Fashion Design, the team set out on a mission to make reusable cotton masks that were cute, comfortable, and good for the planet. Since then, the brand has released its first-ever clothing collection using deadstock linen exclusively. So far, they have:
- Cleaned up plastic pollution along 23km of Canadian shorelines
- Saved 65 meters of deadstock fabric from ending up in landfills
- Upcycled 28 lbs of fabric scraps into beautiful handmade paper
PVB the Label was created to bring attention to the world’s issues with ocean waste, plastic waste, and fast fashion. All swimsuits are made from Econyl – a fabric made using ocean waste and carefully produced under ethical conditions in Bali, Indonesia. With every suit sold, PVB gives 10 cents to the ROLE foundation.